Job Role Summary
We are currently seeking an experienced (government trained) TSCM professional to lead the TSCM and Advanced Protection of Information program to assist in managing information risk across the globe.
The position will require the successful candidate to be based in Houston, Texas, however regular international and domestic travel is required in the role.
It will suit a highly experienced and motivated self-starter who has a passion for TSCM and the protection of information.
Job Role Responsibilities
The role encompasses the following:
- Manages the ExxonMobil corporate Technical Surveillance Countermeasure (TSCM) inspections and Advanced Protection of Information Program (POI).
- Acts as the TSCM and POI subject matter expert for ExxonMobil Global Security and provides advice and guidance on managing technical surveillance risks.
- Conducts comprehensive TSCM inspections at designated corporate facilities or other facilities globally to ensure clandestine devices have not been installed in secure areas, ensures office hardware that is installed (projectors, displays, copiers, AV hardware etc) is functioning normally and does not pose a technical securitythreat, and provides recommendations on enhancing risk mitigation countermeasures.
- Drafts comprehensive reports that detail the TSCM inspection outcomes and lists risk reduction recommendations.
- Maintains stewardship and accountability of assisting relevant business lines to implement recommendations arising from TSCM inspections and close any identified gaps.
- Closely partners with ExxonMobil Information Technology team members in the implementation of secure telecommunications, both fixed and mobile.
- Provides subject matter expertise on the design and construction of secure room facilities, including supporting design and commissioning.
- Provides briefings to Executive Management on Advanced Protection of Information and technical counter-surveillance matters as directed.
- Guides the procurement and maintenance of TSCM equipment required to conduct inspections at the nominated sites.
- Creates and delivers a basic TSCM and surveillance countermeasure training program for Global Security personnel. This includes training key identified personnel to assist with manual physical searching during TSCM inspections.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key government agencies with TSCM programs to ensure up to date comprehension of emerging threat technologies and countermeasures.
- Remains current and proficient in the conduct of TSCM surveys and the ability to provide up to date subject matter guidance in all areas of the protection of information.
- Graduated from the USA Interagency Training Center and be qualified to conduct TSCM inspections. Instructor experience at the Interagency Training Center is desired. TEMPEST training is also desired.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in the conduct of TSCM inspections with a US Military or Federal Agency, with a minimum of 5 years as a team lead.
- Extensive experience with the deployment and maintenance of security telephony systems, both fixed and mobile.
- Must have knowledge of IC Tech Spec – for ICD/ICS 705, Technical Specifications for Construction and Management of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities.
- Experience in implementing a program of counterintelligence and information security practices required to establish risk mitigation for safeguarding proprietary information.
- Experience in the operation of counterintelligence and insider threat programs.
- Experience with the practical integration of physical security and technical security within the overall operational security of a facility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with and build effective relationships with personnel in all levels of the business and with key external contacts.
- Ability to work both as an integral part of a team but also under minimum supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in applying the necessary flexibility to multi-task efficiently.
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills
- Able to successfully complete ExxonMobil’s pre-employment process, including alcohol and drug screen, background check, and medical examination
ExxonMobil offers a dynamic working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit your cover letter and resume to our website (http://careers.exxonmobil.com/) for the opening identified by keywords “TSCM and Advanced Protection of Information Adviser”.