The Senior Security Engineer isan integral part of the network security program in the ongoing design testing, and implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure.This role provides technical support in the hardening of routers and switches, security response actions,security compliance reporting, and best practicesacross world-wide networks.
Major Duties (including but not limited to any combination of the following):
- Perform technical duties in support of the in-houseInformation Systems Security program
- Participate in the selection, evaluation, implementation, and security ofnetwork infrastructure and support systems/applications.
- Perform system security hardening of network infrastructure and support systems
- Design and implement scripts (Python, Perl, Shell, or other)to automate security hardening and assist in compliance reporting
- Provide technical support and responseto security requests from the local Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP)
- Provide technical support for responding to and implementing mitigation(s)across the networks and support systems, in support of Red/Blue Team assessments and other inspections
- Provide technical guidance on best practices and assist network engineers in the development of User Guides, Standard Operating Procedures, and Policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of security functions
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related fieldpreferred.
Cisco and Juniper networkingexperience desired (CCNA level or above)
Experience withHP Network Automation, Ansible, Linux experience,andPython and Shellscripting a plus.
- Due to the nature of this program, US Citizenship is required
- Minimum 2 years of Cyber Security and 5 years of Networking experience
- Demonstrates a strong ability to communicate security concepts effectively, both orallyand in writing, with senior staff, system owners, and technical and non-technical users
- Solid understanding of current technology trends, security best practices, and cyber securitythreats
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work with engineers/vendors to resolve issues withsecurity configurations
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn about a variety of security concepts
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build effective relationships
- Able to work collaboratively within all levels of the organization, to include colleagues, users,contractor and vendors
- Strong attention to detail coupled with excellent organization and follow up skills
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively in a high pressure environment with changingpriorities
- Must have IAT II
- Current TS/SCI Clearance and the ability to obtain Poly
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.