Trust Tax Supervisor
Our client, a well known bank is seeking their Tax Supervisor to join their Philadelphia location. As a Trust Tax Supervisor within the Bank's Wealth Management organization, you will be based at our Eastwick Center, Philadelphia office.
You will be responsible for managing a team of approximately 9-10 taxaccountants.
On a daily basis, you will review transactions to ensure correct taxreporting based on review of governing instruments and relevant law.
You will be responsible for adhering to procedures and department policies as appropriate and providing tax related information to clients.
You will also manage tax notices and audits conducted by the taxing authorities, working with in-house and external counsel in resolving issues of a complex nature, and staying current with taxlaw changes and current best practices in the industry continuing research and training.
Further, you will provide training and support to a fiduciary team in a variety of tax matters, and perform secondary review of returns up to the highest complexity including the review of GST and tertiary.
Job Profile :
- Manages team of taxaccountants charged with preparation of returns of varying complexity in order to meet compliance needs. Completes all necessary performance management tasks for the team, including account and performance reviews, coaching and development planning.
- Oversees the completion of accurate tax returns by assigned team to operate efficiently and minimize the taxobligations of the client. Oversees analysis of financial documents and governing instruments to ensure appropriate tax accounting is being performed.
- Keeps up to date with and informs team members on, tax regulations at the federal, state, local and international levels.
- Coordinates, facilitates and resolves all taxing authority inquiries and audits.
- Completes secondary and tertiary reviews of tax returns prepared by other members of team.
Core Competencies :
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies :
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE FUNCTION - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
TAX MANAGEMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize taxlaws, organizational tax practices, obligations, issues, and trends.
Knowledge of a Specific Financial or Accounting System - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications which are specific to the organization.
RequiredEducation and Experience :
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of industry-relevant experience. An operations or production environment position typically requires 2 years of previous managerial experience.
Preferences/Skills : Certifications/Licenses :
An Active CPA, Enrolled Agent designation, or a JDdegree is required. If not currently holding CPA, Enrolled Agent designation, or a JDdegree, one must be acquired within one year of hire date.
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Certifications/Licenses : An Active CPA, Enrolled Agent designation, or a JD degree is required.