Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by connecting our capabilities across the firm. RPWS is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive set of personal wealth and retirement products and services through Banking, Merrill Edge and Advisory channels. RPWS provides tools and content that enables financial advisors and bankers to help their client’s live better financial lives.
The Trust Specialist reports directly to the Sales Performance Executive with Personal Wealth and Retirement. The Trust Specialist is regionally located and responsible for covering specific complexes/offices in the Advisory Division of Merrill Lynch.
• Develop current and future fee trust business in accordance with assigned production goals for the position, includes Financial Advisor penetration goals
• Build solid relationships with Financial Advisors, Private Wealth Advisors, Complex Directors, Sales Managers and Regional Managing Directors of the Advisory Division specific to assigned territory.
• Provide trust and estate planning solutions, wealth transfer strategies to clients and prospects in partnership with PWAs and FAs.
• Partner with Insurance Specialist and Wealth Strategist in territory to deliver "one firm" to FA's and clients.
• Participate in complex/office sales meeting agendas as resident trust expert
• Cultivate trust opportunities with Centers of Influence
• Provide leadership and direction for overall trust sales team in the territory
• Conduct educational trust forums with FAs in coordination with Internal Sales Desk team members.
• Participate in local estate planning councils to further raise awareness of trust services at Merrill Lynch and provide greater visibility of Merrill Lynch Trust Company in the community.
- Extensive experience as a subject matter expert in trust products required
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the financial industry with proven track record as a sales professional
- Trust and estate planning background required. Knowledge of fiduciary investing , and brokerage environment experience a plus .
- Undergraduatedegreerequired (BS/BA). JD strongly preferred. Will also consider CPA/MBA
- Financial designations such as CTFA, CFA, CFP preferred
- Certifications such as Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Team player
- Positive attitude, highly motivated
- Ability to build and grow professional partnerships with Advisory.
Job number: 17076729