ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
Fulfills fiduciary responsibilities of KeyBank by providing expert trust administration and counsel to High Net Worth clients and their beneficiaries. Within the relationship management team, collaborates effectively and provides insights and solutions to attract, retain and grow clients who require complex strategies to protect, grow and transition personal and family wealth. Actively manages trust and agency accounts, in accordance with established policies and procedures, to a high professional standard. Retains and deepens profitable client relationships within assigned revenue base. Actively produces new revenue both as a team member and individually to meet production goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains deep expertise in fiduciary, investment, tax, and other related wealth issues.
- Designs and delivers sophisticated fiduciary solutions, using relationship team model, to high net worth clients with complex financial needs.
- Fulfills Key's fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring retention of business and reputation
- Advises Relationship Managers (RMs) and other partners on internal fiduciary issues.
- Administers complex fiduciary accounts and assigned agency accounts.
- Analyzes and interprets legal instruments to determine duties and responsibilities of bank.
- Identifies and resolves potential trust and estate tax- related issues.
- Applies sound fiduciary judgment to trust matters.
- Works with Investment Sales Specialitsts (ISSs) and RMs to retain and expand existing client relationships.
- Reviews client estate planning and trust documents and advises RMs, attorneys, etc. on recommended changes.
- Anticipates and advises clients on evolving financial goals and objectives.
- Executes, through the Comprehensive Practice Management process, prioritized pro- active client contacts, per service standards.
- Maintains compliance with all internal policies and procedures, as well as, with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Mitigates risk on individual book of business.
- Assumes accountability for all delegated work on assigned accounts.
- Meets or exceeds individual sales goals and contributes significantly to attaining team sales goals.
- Participates in relationship reviews as fiduciary expert on high net worth teams.
- Identifies and prioritizes trust and other opportunities to deepen relationships and enhance revenue.
- In collaboration with team members, presents ideas and solutions to clients and prospects.
- Participates with other team members or leads in the closing of new business.
- Participates in professional associations to demonstrate professional credibility and expand COI relationships.
- Meets and engages with clients, prospective clients, attorneys, accountants, consultants, and co- fiduciaries.
- Fosters close business relationships to develop client loyalty and new business opportunities.
- Creates and executes on opportunities to showcase as subject- matter- expert presenter.
- Enhance Key's reputation with high net worth individuals and their influencers.
- Serves as on- site business lead for urgent matters in cases where functional management is remote.
- Supports business objectives through active advocacy and behavioral adoption.
- Promotes professional team atmosphere that encourages open expression of ideas and opinions leading to successful sales environment.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Key's investment process and results.
- Participates in KeyCorp's commitment to community.
- Five plus years of personal trust administration experience or equivalent work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work as part of sales and client servicing team.
- General knowledge and understanding of fiduciary and/or financial and/or investment products and services.
- Progress towards completion of Cannon Trust Schools I, II and III or equivalent knowledge from other industry training or equivalent experience.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.