Kansas City, MO
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 65 days ago
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
The Trust Compliance Advisor is required to be an integral member of the CBI compliance oversight team and will assist the Trust Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in ensuring overall compliance with the Commerce Trust Company’s (CTC) policies and procedures, and the applicable laws and regulations of the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) and the Missouri Division of Finance.
The Trust Compliance Advisor will be the key point of contact for both Commerce staff and examiner for the collection and dissemination of information with respect to all regulatory examinations
The Trust Compliance Advisor is responsible for conducting detailed reviews and analysis of CTC’s supervisory control system, which includes review of policies and procedures, exception reports, and analysis of other functional areas as needed.
The Trust Compliance Advisor will provide senior management with written reports and/or analysis, noting level of compliance with policies, analysis of exceptions, and proposed corrective/follow-up action. Apply excellent critical thinking skills and a moderate level of independence in a consultative role with a significant degree of business line interaction. Will review and analyze data to form conclusions and perform other tasks to positively impact regulatory outcomes.
- 6+ years of compliance experience or equivalent technical knowledge.
- 4 years of well-rounded and progressive trust or banking experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent knowledge) in accounting/auditing, economics, business administration or law.
- Prefer candidates with additional certifications such as CPA, Certified Bank Auditor, Certified Fiduciary Investment Risk Specialist (“CFIRS”) or admission to the Bar.
- Strong knowledge of regulations: Federal Reserve Board and Missouri State statutes
- Critical analysis skills sufficient to analyze and communicate complex legal/regulatory concepts.
- Ability to think strategically across multiple lines of business to create practical compliance solutions.
- Sound business and professional judgment.
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity.
- Knowledge of investments and investment sales practice procedures.
- Excellent reading, writing, and listening skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to learn proprietary regulatory review systems and databases.