Successful incumbents possess ethics and values, listening and presentation skills, problem solving, priority setting and negotiating skills are politically savvy and have a drive for results.
- Manages all types of Special Needs accounts in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents, government agencies, applicable law, and consistent with the needs of the principals, income beneficiaries, and remaindermen.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets documents for direction; has face to face interaction with the beneficiaries & their family; reviews the beneficiary's needs and develops appropriate plan to maximize benefits & improve overall quality of life; evaluates accounts for completeness and accuracy, monitors and reviews account transactions, responds to incoming correspondence and any other client requests to ensure compliance with the governing document, applicable law and policies and procedures.
- Works with supervisor in developing solutions to most issues brought forth by care managers, beneficiaries and their families; and State Agencies.
- Oversees the opening and closing of accounts, ensures the receipt of proper and legally required documentation, ensures the full and complete transfer of assets, their cost basis, and the proper characterization of cash as income or principal, ensures all tax codes and account administration codes are accurate and oversees tax reporting activities, coordinating with outside CPAs and advisors.
- Provides comprehensive wealth planning advice to clients. May participate in projects which affect the broader business and improves efficiency of delivery of services to clients.
- Develops new business through referrals from external and internal centers of influence and/or through expansion of business within current book of clients.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 6 years of experience serving as an account administrator in a specific area of expertise to include trust administration, investments or insurance in a client service capacity
- 6 years of business development experience in trust administration, investments or insurance