TRUSS DESIGNER JOB IN PHOENIX
Our client has been in business for more than 100 years, and has a long-standing reputation for its high-quality products, cutting edge technological innovation and state-of- the-art supply chain systems. Widely known for their highly automated manufacturing facilities, this organization has consistently demonstrated an unwavering commitment to its associates in terms of both professional development and work/like balance.
POSITION: The Truss Designer will perform layout and design of roof and floor trusses and assist with the sales of floor trusses, roof trusses, and other components while providing quality client service.
The primary functions are as follows:
- Perform truss design for customers.
- Visit work sites as needed to do bids and takeoffs.
- Visit work sites to perform field measurements or to assess manufacturing defects.
- Perform component designs using customer blueprints resulting in zero shrink.
- Review cutting lists, production reports and delivery schedules to ensure the quality of the final product and timely deliveries to customers.
- Create accurate bids, and material and price lists for customers.
- Provide engineered truss drawings to meet customers’ requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to layout people and cutters in the design of components.
- Provide technical support to salesassociates, contractors and the general public.
- Attend and participate in all Company sponsored training programs as required.
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree is preferred
- 2+ years of truss design experience and/or training
- Experience using Mitek 20/20 or Mitek Sapphire truss design software to design roof and floor trusses for residential and commercial construction projects.
- Experience using AutoCAD in combination with Mitek to design trusses, produce truss placement plans, and draw details to communicate with architects and installers.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, work orders, takeoffs and engineered drawings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel software programs.
- Previous experience using a software program to size wood beams.
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.