The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Truck Transportation Logistics Analyst position available at our AgriBusiness Headquarters in Boise, Idaho.
Direct and manage large outbound shipments to customers and warehouses, additionally manages the inbound shipments of Raw Materials to AgriBusiness production facilities. Leads the development and deployment of truck procurement and engagement strategies. Provides technical support for company logistics systems. Manages truck carrier on boarding (selection and sourcing vendors), negotiation and invoice validation. Responsible for fuel surcharge program and carrier selection processes. This position is ultimately responsible for roughly 38,000 full truck loads yearly.
· Gather, analyze and report truck move and cost data in support of efficient and cost effective transportation. Benchmark truck rates to understand Simplot’s position in the market.
· Negotiate project, spot and tariff rates for LTL and FTL truck moves.
· Manage Fuel Surcharge program to include monitoring economic index and providing recommendations to the business of appropriate changes.
· Build and maintain relationships and enhance Simplot brand within the trucking industry.
· Maintain truck tariff’s in the company’s designated system.
· Validate and process truck invoices for payment within agreed terms.
· Research DOT regulations, state truck weight limits, new legislation as needed and make recommendations.
· Develop and maintain carrier score cards (KPIs, metrics). Conduct on an annual basis carrier business reviews.
· Propose and evaluate transportationsoftware offerings while exploring non-traditional transport options (brokers, load boards, new technology, etc.).
· Develop dry and liquid fertilizer pricing schedules for outbound finished products originating from plants, terminals and warehouses.
· Manage raw material (inbound) trucking.
· Drive continuous improvement with specific focus on identifying areas of opportunity, developing business solutions and then implementing.
· Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university preferred.
- Seven plus years related experience and/or training.
- Must have knowledge of production scheduling systems, plant operations, and safety requirements.
- Truck Procurement experiencepreferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft packages.
- Must have negotiation and contracting experience.
- Must be available to travel (15%).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Must be a self starter.
- Ability to present information and influence others.
- Must be able to work independently or within team, have good problem resolution skills and excellent organizational skills.
Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.