We are looking for Truck Load - Logistics Category Manager for our client in Milwaukee, WI
Job Title: Truck Load - Logistics Category Manager
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Under minimal supervision, the position is responsible for developing, planning, implementing, analysing and executing global Strategic Purchasing related to full truckload mode of transportation including (Dry Van, Flatbed, Intermodal, and Rail).
- Develop and execute strategies designed to improve business process productivity, reduce costs and procurement related expenses while improving profitability as well as increasing our TWC (Trade Working Capital) aligned with all business units' requirements.
- Specifically responsible for creation and execution of the procurement and business strategies, business processes, policies and technical procurement systems infrastructure.
- Procures Services and develops strategies at a high level to provide at the highest quality and the best cost to the plants and operation centers in the Regions.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with corporate business leaders, process owners and Purchasing Leaders.
- Provide strategic procurement programs that leverage the operations of Johnson Controls with measurable financial results globally.
- Directs and implements region policies, procedures, and standards that support the Region and Business Units plans.
- Supports Director of Enterprise Logistics Procurement by developing the strategy for the most optimal Full Truckload procurement
- Manage relationship with suppliers, including managing day to day operations, issue & escalation.
- Work effectively with all business units leaders globally to ensure alignment of the global strategy and adoption of best practices.
- Research, identify, negotiate and register appropriate logistics service providers by region/country, to support business unit and plant operations.
- Develop relationship with business unit regional logistics procurement managers to effectively leverage expertise across the organization
- Develop business review format and common scorecard to evaluate ongoing performance
- Manage contract updates and RFP processes for Full Truckload Transport
- Understand market trends and regulation changes that may affect our business operations and communicate impacts proactively
- Maintains regular communication with the Business Leaders and regions to understand business conditions and market trends to support their operations accordingly.
- Stays informed of any changes or updates in laws and regulations at the International, National, State and Local levels to support and supply management to the team so they can maintain and understand legal concepts that govern their activities as agents of their employers and of the various laws that govern the purchase and sale of goods and services.
- Business or Supply Chain degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of logistics and or supply chain management experience
- Ability to analyze and learn cost structure models
- Proven negotiation skills
- Manage other employees
- Ability to communicate effectively across channels, with business unit personnel, Purchasing staff, to achieve understanding of business goals.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written