Job Description for Storage & Backup Systems:The position requires a proven enterprise level experience with Storage, Backup, and Virtualization technologies in large-scale, multi-data center, multi-platform, distributed computing environments. Also, it demands to be playing a critical role in resolving major incidents pertaining to server and virtualization infrastructure within defined SLA and willing to work in 12-hour shift with 24/7 support on an even shift roster. Assessment and optimization of the server and network systems through monitoring, statistics, and health checks, and proactively identify and resolve issues before it gets escalated.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software related problems on servers.
- Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact
- Proven analytical and rapid problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Be integral part of Major Incident Management group and drive consistent execution of operation processes and tasks
- Review root cause of escalations and work with appropriate resources to ensure continuous improvements of technology environment and products
- Basic qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' experience with deep technical knowledge of multi-vendor storage technologies and Backup technologies in complex infrastructure.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of expert Knowledge and working experience with
- Various SAN platform from EMC, NetApp, IBM, HP and Cisco.
- SAN Storage Technologies – EMC VMAX, Unity, VNX, NetApp, HP 3PAR, IBM XIV and DDN.
- NAS Storage Technologies – EMC Isilon and NetApp.
- Various Fabric products – Cisco and Brocade switches.
- Monitoring and reporting tools such as NetApp OnCommand, EMC Insight IQ, Cloud IQ, ESRS, SolarWinds, Splunk and etc
- Good understanding of
- EMC Avamar, NetBackup, Veeam, Arcserve, Networker and Tivoli Backup Technologies.
- EMC and HP Tape drives, EMC DataDomain and HP StoreOnce.
- Backup Monitoring tools – OpsCenter, EMC DPA and Veeam Monitor and reporter.
- Network technologies and firewall configuration and implementation
- Virtualization products – VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with process automation (bash and Perl) and/or configuration management
- Good knowledge with performance and capacity management tools
- Must have expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations.
- Handles and executes with a high level of operational urgency
- Ability to maintain calm, and work closely with other technical and business team during a critical situation
- Administrative level communication and collaboration skills
- Build strong relationships with global and cross-functional teams.
- Storage and Backup Certifications.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem solving environment.
- Attention to Detail.
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and thought processes.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.