- Handles legal work on assigned cases Aggressively pursues files referred to Staff Counsel by the Claims Department.
- Creates and maintains a documented strategy for case handling in each assigned case to include a synopsis of the intangible factors, i.e. the judge, plaintiff attorney, aggravating factors, etc.
- Develops, organizes and maintains document files consisting of pleadings, briefs and memorandums.
- Prepares and submits timely status reports to claims handlers on all significant activities as they occur, but at no greater than 60 day intervals.
- Ensures that all files are properly documented and organized.
- Provides prompt and timely responses to all telephone calls and correspondence.
- Utilizes and/or ensures use of case management software for maintaining notes, diary, calendar, billing, etc., on cases assigned to Staff Counsel and in accorda