5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Provides legal advice and representation to AIG and/or the insured in Workers Compensation and other legal matters while minimizing legal and indemnity exposure.
Handle cases of moderate complexity and financial exposure; may handle higher exposure cases as part of a legal team / training development activity.
Examine reports, evidence and other relevant data to determine advisability of proceeding with litigation. Analyze probable outcomes through knowledge and research of legal precedents.
Develop and execute trial and/or pre-trial strategy for most cost effective outcome. Draft legal papers, perform research, and handle project work for the office. Negotiate settlements on behalf of the insured and/or AIG.
Technical Experience Requirements:
- 5 or more years related insurance WC experience with ability to independently handle any assigned matter with limited supervision / oversight.
- Strong & Effective Communications and Ability to Interact Effectively with Clients and Claims peers.
- Detailed knowledge of state and local statutes, regulations and case law; ability to develop manage and monitor pre-trial and trial strategies; knowledge of rules of evidence, court rules and procedures
- Ability to develop pre-trial and trial strategies; knowledge of rules of evidence, court rules and procedures; ability to advise core and associate staff on technical issues; ability to litigate the moderately complex cases in the specified jurisdiction.
- JD Required; Must be admitted and able to practice Law in California.