Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Litigation Services Attorney job family is responsible for managing Insurance Defense and Tort Litigation / Disputes work and related issues/matters.
Represents insureds and the Company in the defense of bodily injury and property damage lawsuits, subrogation, and Allstate Financial cases. Prepares for and conducts hearings, trials, arbitrations, mediations, and depositions. Prepares and argues pre and post-trial motions. Assists colleagues in the resolution of calendar conflicts. , Provides counsel to business clients on day to day issues. Monitors and reviews new laws, regulations, and case law; identifies and summarizes relevant issues; collaborates with other areas of L&R department; proactively provides advice and counsel to business unit on the impact of new laws on business; monitors counsel
• Review new file assignments and approve initial pleadings, propounds discovery, and develop strategy
• Contact clients
• Review all documentary evidence
• Prepares witnesses and clients for depositions, arbitrations, mediations and trials including expert witnesses
• Conduct depositions and examinations under oath and prepares summary documents
• Prepare and conduct court appearances (matter management conferences, hearings, status conferences, etc.)
• Conduct settlement/dispositive proceedings (e.g. mediations, arbitrations, etc.)
• Try and/or arbitrate cases
• Prepare motions in limine and summary documents
• Draft post-trial motions
• Prepare for and participate in appeals
• Investigate and pursue subrogation litigation as appropriate