Treasury Operations Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Treasury Operations Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will manage liquidity for SCE and its parent company, Edison International (EIX) by determining cash positions, investing short-term cash balances and borrowing to meet short-term cash needs. You will manage borrowing for SCE and EIX with a $4.5 billion commercial paper program and $4.5 B of credit facilities. Recommend cash management strategies and provide analysis to supportfinancial decisions.
You will represent the company with contractors, credit rating agencies, commercial and investment banks, regulatory agencies, internal departments, and other parties, as required. You will represent Treasurer's on ad hoc cross-functional projects and making decisions regarding operational processes, SAP capabilities, wiring procedures, and security controls that may impact the way treasury operations are conducted.
As an Advisor, you will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Develop daily cash position and maintain liquidity for SCE and EIX with short-term borrowing or investing
- Manage short-term investment portfolios for SCE and EIX. Collaborate with the Tax Department to discuss tax implications on short-term investment activity and actively manage the mix between tax-exempt and taxable investments. Recommend and present investment guidelines to the SCE and EIX CFOs for approval.
- Manage short-term funding for SCE and EIX using commercial paper programs and credit facilities. Monitor commercial paper market and coordinate issuance to acquire the best pricing for the company. Communicate daily with both SCE and EIX officers.
- Manage electronic fund transfer (EFT) process for SCE and EIX to ensure that the companies fund all payments in the most cost effective, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Maintain relationships with treasury service banks and maximize income through treasury services and products.
- Support Finance department by effectively analyzing the daily cash flows, sharing information, and preparing the daily cash forecast that is used for multiple planning purposes.
- Perform reconciliations and reasonableness tests to ensure SOX compliance and accuracy of all related accounting entries. Research, identify, and resolve any discrepancies. Perform research and analysis as required by management. Summarize findings and make recommendations.
- Respond to data requests for management, other divisions, other departments, auditors, and General Rate Case.
- Provide coverage for credit facility administration, including maintaining and updating SAP, weighted average cost of short-term debt, monthly accrual of interest expense, letter of credit activity, monthly journal entries and periodic interest payments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Seven or more years' experience in cash management or treasury with project lead experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and banking practices.
- Ability to maintain a broad strategic perspective to resolve efficient short-term investment and borrowing strategies, horizons, etc.
- Prioritize multiple duties/projects and follow through on all assignments while effectively handling stress and engaging in continuous learning.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Business or other related field.
- Seven or more years' experience in cash management, finance, short-term investments/funding, banking and accounting.
- Certified Treasury Professional or Certified Financial Analyst.
- Experience with SAP Cash Management and Treasury Modules.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- The primary work location for this position is (Rosemead, CA); however, the successful candidate may also be asked to work for an extended amount of time at an alternate work location.
- Relocation may apply to this position or Relocation does not apply to this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.