JOB OBJECTIVE SUMMARY:
The Treasury Manager is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The Treasury Manager is responsible for leading all treasury management functions. The Treasury Manager will work closely with the Controller, the Senior Budget Analyst, the VP of Development, Senior Administrative, Service Line Leaders, Senior Director of Finance and the CFO to implement treasury initiatives and support the targeted capital structure for the organization. The Treasury Manager will also play a key role in risk management to support efforts to manage risk. The Treasury Manager is responsible for supporting long-range decision making through the development of funding plans, investment plans, and capital allocation strategies that support total consolidated Network growth initiatives.
Contacts: Hope Network staff, banking agencies, funding sources, external auditors, state and federal agencies, various risk management advisors, service providers and investment consultants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Direct the cash management and short-term investing or borrowing.
2. Manage short-term borrowing facilities and inter-affiliate borrowing and investing. Insure constant liquidity availability.
3. Support the issuance of long-term debt or other funding programs and analysis for new issuance.
4. Manage the Network collection process including search for unclaimed property.
5. Monitor monthly capital budgeting systems, including planning, CER and ROI approvals, lease vs. buy decisions, PP&E and depreciation planning, spending approval and scheduling of payments.
6. Create and manage monthly cash management systems, including planning, and control.
7. Manage the relationship with Hope?s banking and otherfinancial service providers.
8. Calculate, manage and forecast Banking covenants and Balance Sheet Ratios; immediately inform the Senior Director of Finance & CFO of possible non compliance
9. Provide information or reports to banks or financialinvestors as required by lending or other legal documents
10. Budget and forecast debt financing, interest expense & income along with other financing costs.
11. Review the cash flow statement and balance sheet and monitor monthly budgeting and actual reporting process ? identify areas of concern and report to the CFO
12. Develop initiatives to benchmark and optimize working capital.
13. Prepare regular reporting to senior management and draft reports to the board of directors.
14. Partner withotherfinance functions to monitor/analyze long range projections.
15. Help to assure that proper controls and procedures are in place and compliance with GAAP, SAS and Network standards and participate in all audits as required.
16. Lead special projects, as required to supportother Treasury initiatives.
17. Participate in management of 403b, pensions and otherinvestments.
18. Identify and evaluate risks within the organization; participate in the risk management committee; analyze methods of managing risks.
19. Participate and coordinate property & casualty insurance programs and renewals with insurance companies and brokers. Lead analysis of self-funding, captive or high deductible programs.
20. Monitor approval matrix
21. Identify, develop and monitor financial metrics in areas included in this job description
22. On a timely basis update Hope Network policies in areas included in this job description.
23. Manage the Hope Network Credit Card Program.
24. Other tasks as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor?s degreerequired
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Five years treasury management experience
2. Understanding of accounting operations and working capital functions in a Non Profit environment
3. Demonstrated knowledge of investing and financialasset management
4. Experience in providing analytical and financial modeling support to financial decision making
5. Experience in Affordable Housing financing a plus.
1. Strong oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
2. Solid reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
3. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
4. Demonstrated knowledge of budgetary and operational responsibility
5. High degree of self-direction
6. Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, referral sources, consumers and other individuals
7. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality necessary in the performance of the job
8. Advanced knowledge of windows based software including detailed spreadsheet experience
9. Valid Michigan driver?s license with driving record acceptable according to Hope Network policy or ability to travel independently with short notice
10. Ability to support and articulate the mission of Hope Network to a variety of audiences.