Our Finance department is seeking a Treasury Manager to support the build out of our Treasury Operations, as well as to run our cash management activities. This includes, but is not limited to our global cash management, ensuring sufficient liquidity to legal entities, and refining our cash forecasting capabilities. This is a highly visible role with tons of opportunity to make an impact, working closely with a variety of stakeholders including FP&A, Accounting, Tax, and Internal Audit. This position will be located at our New York office and report to the Head of Corporate FP&A and Treasury.
The Finance team is responsible for all of GLG’s financial and accounting operations. Our team handles all financial planning, sales operations, accounting, expense management, and business management consultation to all of the individual business units and departments.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Cash Forecasting – Refine and prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash forecasting models including the direct method 13-week cash forecast. Ensure sufficient liquidity is available by legal entity to meet ongoing operational requirements.
- Cash Reporting – Assist with the production of weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash reporting, including variance explanations for actual versus projected results of cash flow
- Treasury Operations – Manage confirmations and accurate books for all treasury activity, encompassing investments, debt, financial derivatives (e.g. interest rate swaps, foreign currency forwards, equity hedges, etc.) across multiple ‘treasury specific’ entities. Implement best practices to further professionalize our Treasury Operations.
- Risk Management – Monitor the company’s risks and losses. Development of policies and procedures around opening and closing of bank accounts and coordination and oversight of related bank signatories. Design, implement, and execute effective internal controls around financial transactions related to treasury (cash, debt, derivatives, etc.).
- Optimize Cash Structure – Responsible for helping Head of Treasury assess FX exposure, recommend optimal cash structure and possible mitigation (i.e. financial derivatives)
- Cash Management – Collaborate with Accounting in day-to-day cash management, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, and bank systems
- Financial Transactions – Supports financial structure, negotiating and executing financing transactions as needed, including bank facilities, debt financing, lenders, documentation review and covenants
- Tax Returns – support the GLG tax team and external tax advisors to ensure all tax returns are accurate and filed on time
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS degree, MBA optional
- At least 6 years of applicable work experience, including at least 4 years of treasury operations is required
- CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) preferred, but not required
- Advanced financial (Excel) modeling experience, specifically around cash forecasting is required, as well as understanding of accounting concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills including executive presence and communication skills (written and oral)
- Must have an advanced use of Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Attention to detail, analytic consistency, and data integrity is required
- Strong problem solving and creative solution skills combined with a hands-on, get-it-done, roll-up-your sleeves attitude