The Treasury Management Officer will develop new treasury management business, managing all elements of the sales cycle to include business development, prospect qualifications, needs analysis and closing. Responsible for the sale of depository and Treasury Management solutions to existing and prospective clients.
Builds, develops and maintains profitable deposit relationships with new and existing customers. Conducts customer/prospect needs analysis and develops proposed service solutions/sales presentations to assist businesses and organizations in making efficient use of cash. Coordinates sales efforts with commercial lenders in order to acquire new business and strengthen existing client relationships.
A key focus is on generating new business through developing relationships with current customers, self-generated external sources, referrals, and other sources. Remains current on all cash management products and services offered.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Develops new treasury management business.
2. Responsible for the sale of depository and Treasury Management solutions to existing and prospective clients either in conjunction with commercial lenders or on an individual basis.
3. Builds, develops and maintains profitable deposit relationships with new and existing customers.
4. Conducts customer/prospect needs analysis and develops proposed service solutions/sales presentations to assist businesses and organizations in making efficient use of cash.
5. Proactively reviews client base and identifies deposit and Treasury Management services solutions and cross-sale opportunities based on customer needs and completes the sale.
6. Coordinates sales efforts with commercial lenders in order to acquire new business and strengthen existing client relationships.
7. Understands the customer’s business environment, strategies and competition in the industry to provide the best solutions.
8. Develops and provides banking solutions that meet customer’s business needs by partnering with customers as a financial advisor.
9. Manages sales process to include proposal and implementation.
10. Develops and maintains long-term relationships with current and future banking customers.
11. Refers new business to partners (Retail, Private Banking, Mortgage, and Commercial).
12. Active networking within the community through memberships, outside business events and professional associations.
13. Remains current on all cash management products and services offered.
14. Maintains awareness, understanding and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations appropriate for this position.
15. Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
16. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 5 years of directly related banking experience including one or more of the following areas Treasury Management, generating new deposit sales, generation of treasury product revenue, understating account analysis statements.
2. Experience with and comprehensive understanding of Treasury Management products, credit process, overdraft management discipline and pricing philosophy.
3. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
4. Working towards or already obtained Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification.
5. Strong time management, organizational and planning skills gained through previous work experiences.
6. Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to build rapport and trust.
7. Experience with and understanding of business cash flow and success factors.
8. Experience operating in a fast-paced flexible work environment with competing demands.
9. Proven ability to maintain high integrity and high ethical standards.
10. Bachelor’s Degree OR commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
• Ability to travel as required.