Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come tothe right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America's largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurementproject delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will bepart of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you'll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for assessing, monitoring, planning and managing the financial position of the Company in a fiscally sound manner, consistent with the Company's objectives and financial and strategic plans, to positively affect the Company's profitability Ensure staff is fully utilized and developed and that strong relationships are maintained with other business units and external financial partners in a manner consistent with Company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Oversee treasury operations including cash receipts, disbursements, short-term investments, cash forecasting, borrowing, letters of credit, and bank relationships in a manner consistent with Company's policies and procedures and liquidity requirements. Identify opportunities to improve the treasury processes and drive efficiencies. Lead projects and work with cross-functional teams to achieve these objectives.
2. Understand and oversee the management of capital structure; responsibilities include all aspects of strategic and tactical financial planning related to the equity/debt portfolios, development of long-termforecasts and management of capital allocation process to optimize the Company's capital structure.
3. Manage and coordinate the company's strategy for raising capital (debt, stock, other), deploying capital (including stock repurchases) and serving as corporate "cash flow champion." Analyze and propose new capital raising strategies as appropriate. Oversee and lead the execution of company financing agreements including deal execution and maintenance as well as covenant compliance in a manner consistent withCompany's policies and procedures.
4. Actively participate in monitoring the investment performance of qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans in a manner consistent with Company's policies and procedures.
5. Assist Treasurer in the day-to-day management of relationships with brokerage and financial services providers to stay abreast of current products and services, to ensure seamless implementation of new services/products, and to ensure the corporation's access to diverse pools of capital.
6. Assist Treasurer in the review and administration of the corporate Limits of Authority.
7. Responsible for overseeing credit analysis and advising appropriate limits and terms for significant counterparty credit exposures.
8. Exert a leadership role of special projects in the areas of M&A, strategic planning, financing decisions, cost of capital etc. Collaborate with Operations, IT, HR, Finance, Legal and Accounting staff to plan and toexecute these corporate finance activities.
9. Prepare analysis of, recommend and implement hedge strategies to manage financial risks in line withthe company's objectives and policies including, interest rate and FX risk analysis, certain commodities and share repurchase program.
10. Manage economic analyses of financing alternatives including lease vs. buy analysis, alternative debt instruments, cost of capital in a manner consistent with Company's policies and procedures.
11. Responsible for development and revision of financial policies for capital structure, capital allocation,working capital, treasury operations, limits of authority, commodity hedging and others as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Management, Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
• MBA and/or CTP designation strongly preferred
• 10+ years experience in corporate finance or treasury field.
• 5+ years management/supervisory experience
• Extensive knowledge of investments, banking, corporate finance and financial instruments
• Extensive experience independently managing capital markets and loan transactions, including review and negotiation of key agreements
• Experience analyzing, executing and managing interest rate and commodity derivative hedges, along withdesigning and executing FX hedges
• Experience with share repurchase strategies/execution and building/reviewing complex financial models
• Intermediate knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for financial transactions
• Experience in presenting and preparing presentations and proposals
• Experience in leading, coaching and developing staff and teams
• Some experience with Treasury systems and settlement processes
• Experience using Bloomberg
• Construction industry and/or M&A experience a plus
Knowledge, skills, and competencies
• Proven analytical, project management and organizational skills with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage financial transactions from inception to completion, including negotiation of terms and conditions and legal agreements with financial institutions and legal assistance, with limited assistance.
• Demonstrated excellence and versatility in undertaking financial and strategic analysis, particularly in selecting and applying appropriate principles to specific issues and in developing an opinion based ontheir analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to multi task and work effectively under pressure, tight timelines, and changing priorities.
• Strong executive-level presentation skills and the demonstrated ability of interacting with C suite executives.
• Team player who can operate effectively within a matrixed management environment and can effectively resolve interdepartmental conflicts.
• Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
• Internally motivated and proactive to seek out alternative ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the group through the development of new skills, generation of new ideas and ability todrive change.
• Excellent team leadership skills and ability to manage/lead teams under tight timelines.
• Knowledge of hedge accounting requirements, statistics, correlation, and regression analysis
• Advanced to expert proficiency of Microsoft Excel.
• Above average proficiency of Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Hyperion SF a plus.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by the Company's Code of Conduct
• Valid driver's license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
• Occasional travel, some overnight, as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.