Treasury's role is to meet the cash and collateral requirements in a way that maximizes the protection and liquidity of reserved assets while operating within the investment guidelines set forth by the Chief Risk Officer.
- Provide support and contingency backup to financialTreasury operations, liquidity management, margin control, and stock loan cost management
- Perform portfolio reconciliations and daily transaction processing for currency settlements, collateral management, stock loan position transfers, and validation of margin liabilities
- Contribute to the design and production of accurate content in senior management reporting and analysis
- Understand and identify opportunities to minimize counterparty and foreign exchange exposure
- Assist in the analysis of investing and borrowing alternatives within defined Treasury guidelines
- Analyze and test enhancements to cash management system and SWIFT upgrades, following company standards and internal controls
- Assist and drive key components of automation and control projects
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in sell side, hedge fund, prime brokerage or treasury experience, including prior experience in one or more of the following areas: margin, collateral management, stock lending
- Exceptionally strong analytical/ problem-solving skills to contribute to daily operating decisions and to assist with the maintenance and enhancement of Treasuryprocesses, controls and systems
- Ideally, the candidate will also have prior experiences in one or two of the following areas: cash management; liquidity risk management, industry banking platforms (including SWIFT), operations for various financial instruments or credit market knowledge
- Familiarity with U.S. fixed income, foreign exchange, equities, OTC swaps and futures products
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a high transaction operational environment, all while taking ownership for the conduct of an improvement of daily processes; driving innovation with the ability to troubleshoot, streamline, enhance, develop and document
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Access and/or Excel VBA programming, as well as any other programming knowledge, is a plus. Finally, familiarity with the structure of a hedge fund, requiring detailed operational work and a willingness to cover various Treasury activities, both senior and junior to the position, is an important consideration for the job applicant.