Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and around the world. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
The Treasury Analyst will be responsible for providing comprehensive financial analysis for Hubbell’s corporate finance and treasury strategies, as well as working regularly with operating business groups to resolve day-to-day financing needs. The role will be responsible for driving automation, corporate cash flowforecasting, and process improvements within the corporate treasury function and operating business groups.
- Analyze and understand all aspects of daily cash position and cash flow of Hubbell.
- Assist with all aspects of excess cash investment portfolios.
- Routinely review Hubbell’s short-term investment strategies to confirm adherence to investment policy.
- Assess performance benchmarks for company investments and recommend changes when warranted.
- Develop and enhance cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Provide technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
- Oversee bank account management and requirements.
- Assist in the development, improvement, documentation and implementation of treasury policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications, Education & Experience Requirements:
- 2 to 5 years experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting/finance/economics preferred).
- CTP designation strongly preferred.
- Experience in preparing cash flow analyses preferred.
- Experience in building financial models to evaluate various financial plans preferred.
- Experience using Bloomberg terminal preferred.
- Experience using financial systems, such as SAP, BI preferred.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Knowledge of treasury software expertise (SAP Treasury, HFM, Fireapps) a plus.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Spreadsheet and modeling skills.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well thought-out conclusions.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and ability to work collaboratively across cross functional areas (Accounting, Tax, Legal, Operations).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interested in process improvement.
- Willing to adapt quickly to rapid changes in direction.
- Internally motivated to seek answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.