Are you a Critical Care RN who loves your healthcare career but needs a change from the everyday grind of the bedside* Are you a leader who enjoys providing education to your peers* Ever wonder what it would be like to travel, explore new environments, while meeting and training new colleagues* If so, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity with our client as a traveling Clinical Educator!
We are currently seeking a motivated and talented individual for the position of Clinical Educator/Consultant. Our client provides and manages resources for the world's top patient monitoring device company, and the Clinical Educators provide end-user training, configuration, and go-live support for healthcare technology in the hospital environment.
- Travels to customer sites to educate and support healthcare professionals in the safe and proficient operation of their critical care monitors.
- Configures and/or design monitor set-up per client company directed parameters and customer consultation.
- Provides post-sales end-user education classes/in-services.
- Upholds customer focus by proactive assessment and appropriate communication/escalation of customer needs and solutions.
- Delivers go-live support with new monitors or upgrades.
- Communicates with client company Clinical Specialists and completes required documentation as required.
- Maintains competency on product via company provided training events (classroom training, online learning modules, etc.).
- Optimizes travel strategies for cost savings.
- Maintains successfully completion of company training modules.
- Completes expense and hourly reports as outlined.
- Meets and maintains vendor credentialing requirements with immunizations and related medical requirements.
- Willing to submit to a background check, including verification of past employment, criminal history, professional licensure history, drug test, and driving record.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (Bachelor's Degree preferred but not necessary).
- Minimum of three recent years (prefer 5 years) of critical care experience (ICU, CCU, PICU, NICU, ED, etc.) with in-depth knowledge of the critical care environment and clinical applications (interpreting cardiac rhythms and ST-segments, bedside cardiac monitoring devices and central station monitoring, invasive lines and pressure monitoring; including cardiac output, wedge pressures, etc.).
- Formalized end-user education/in-service experiencepreferred.
- High level of initiative, accountability and professionalism. This includes a customer service attitude which exceeds customer expectations and brings value for the client's end-users.
- Exceptional communication, presentation/training, interpersonal relationship, and critical thinking skills.
- Computer literacy: Comfortable with Windows, MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and networks.
- Experienced in frequent domestic travel and capacity to make and schedule own travel arrangements and other activities.
Company benefits include: vacation time, health, dental, vision and life insurance; short and long term disability, 401k and more. A corporate credit card is issued for business travel expenses.