Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager for all assignment of Superintendent and Foreman positions.
- Assign and coordinate all trade field assignments with the needs of various projects.
- Support Superintendent throughout the duration of the job.
- Review project schedules with Superintendents/Foreman. Ensure that critical activities and decisions remain on task and that Required On Job (ROJ) dates are provided to the project management team.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule, and provide to the project management team.
- Respond to subcontractor requests for field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Provide oversight for the Superintendent/Foreman for the development and maintenance of a Resource Allocation Control System (RACS).
- Provide guidance in implementation of the Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Identify projects with Self-Perform opportunities and assist in the development of the Self-Perform proposal.
- Manage Self-Perform performance.
- Work in concert with Business Unit Safety Director to implement the BU Safety Program.
- Manage Review of Capabilities, Accomplishments and Progress (ReCAP) progress for field trades people.
- Maintain a progression/succession plan for all high-potential tradesmen in conjunction with the Operations Manager (OM).
- Manage training for tradesmen.
- Support Business Development, Estimating and the Project Executives (PX’s) with development of operational plans for all pursuits.
- Support the Project Executive, Project Superintendent and Project Manager to support development of logistics plans and schedules during pre-construction and early project activities.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Prior experience on $500MM projects. Prior experience on commercial construction projects including but not limited to market segment work in aviation, sports, healthcare, and data center/telecom facilities is strongly desirable. Proven written and verbal communications abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, SAP, SharePoint, etc. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.