Leisure Park is a beautiful community in Lakewood, NJ, with more than 410 units offering independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer's care, and skilled nursing care.Key ResponsibilitiesRequirements
: The Clinical Specialist-RN must meet all of the qualifications of a Registered Nurse and be licensed to practice in the state(s) assigned. In addition, he/she must also meet the follow standards:
Payroll and HR Logistics:
- Must be high potential RN/RSD/DON with demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Putting People First and the values of Five Star
- Interpersonal Communication
- Service Recovery
- Knowledge of Regulations/Regulatory Compliance
- Adherence to Organizational Policies & Procedures
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Candidate will possess current RN license and have two years of relevant RN experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel overnight up to 50% of the time and on short notice as needed, accepting assignments as defined by the RDO.
- Must be willing to stay overnight within the community as space is defined and available.
- Primary assignments in Delaware, New Jersey, and New York with the possibility of assignments outside of focus area as determined by the RDO, DVP, DDH, and VP of Clinical Services.
- PCC training to be accomplished within the first 3 months of being in this role.
- Clinical Specialist -RN will be paid through the "home" community's normal payroll cycle and subject to community-based policies and procedures governing payroll and HR transactions. The home community will maintain the PTO accrual and pay health insurance premiums. The home community will also be responsible for benefits administration, workers compensation administration, leaves of absence and other administrative HR activities (i.e. personnel records, training, compliance, etc.). The Clinical Specialist-RN's wages and expenses will be transferred to the communities where assigned. The Clinical Specialist-RN position is intended to be expense-neutral to the "home base" community and while assigned to communities with vacant RSD positions, will be expense-neutral to the region.
- Position is full-time and eligible for all benefits afforded to full-time, community-based team members.
- Clinical Specialist-RN is issued Company iPhone, laptop (with VPN access), and American Express card assigned.
- Multi-community access will be established to IR and CQM to assist as assigned.
: The Clinical Specialist-RN is responsible for all of the job functions/responsibilities of a traditional RN/RSD/DON. In addition, through assignments and special projects under the direction and mentoring of the RDO, the Clinical Specialist may also be responsible for the following:
- Assigned community will be one without an RSD and full-time coverage will occur until position is filled and RSD on-boarded with proper hand off of information and knowledge to ensure the success of the newly recruited RSD. The initial area defined will be Delaware, Southern New Jersey (Voorhees, Washington Township, and Cherry Hill, Teaneck) and New York (Yonkers).
- New RSD on-boarding: Clinical Specialist helps coordinate training and on-boarding of newly hired RSDs including on and off-site training related to policies, procedures and systems; provides coaching/feedback to new RSDs during introductory period; completes trainer's assessment and initial on-boarding checklist)
- Assist with RSD interviews-as coordinated with Executive Director.
- Training and mentoring: Clinical Specialist assists RDO and RDH in defined training to region (Examples include: BTR, post DOH survey; QAPI, etc.)
- Clinical assessments and troubleshooting: Clinical Specialist will be assigned to a primary focus community for coverage in the absence of an RSD. During assignment, Clinical Specialist will have a primary reporting to the community Executive Director. Primary functions and duties-refer to RSD position description.
- Report and Projects: Clinical Specialist-RN will facilitate the reporting and data collection of defined reports and/or projects as defined by the RDO
- Emergency and Disaster Response: Clinical Specialist will respond to emergency situations and assist as defined by the RDO
- Regional Goals: Support regional clinical and regulatory goals as directed by the RDO/RDH.
- Other duties/projects as assigned. Assist with Mock surveys, on site regulatory survey support as requested by RDO/RDH.
DaytimeOur Core Values
About Five Star
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.EEOC
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.