The Golf Advisor Travel Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to recruit, onboard, develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of hotel, resort and golf course property products which are relevant, attractive and competitive.
Continuously work with Golf Advisor Travel partners to help them maximize the production potential from their participation in Golf Advisor’s travel marketplace. This role ensures the Golf Advisor travel customers always find the most suitable property for their dream getaway.
This individual will be expected to be the expert on the golf travel business, which includes detailed knowledge of golf courses, hotels/resorts, popular destinations and package group trends.
- Build the portfolio of hotel, resort and golf course partners by introducing prospective partners to Golf Advisor’s vacations marketplace and facilitate their onboarding process
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by providing relevant insights and consulting services to hotel, resort and golf course partners
- Ensure that partner hotel, resort and golf course partner products (content, rates and availability) are consistently optimized on the Golf Advisor site to maximize customer conversion
- Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers pressing needs
- Secure seasonal deals and promotions within the guidelines set by management to support the brands merchandising and marketing efforts.
- Represent Golf Advisor in the market, build Golf Advisor’s company profile with key influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Minimum three years hotel/resort sales experience (golf resort leisure sales preferred)
- Package/group travel business knowledge
- Golf industry knowledge
- Hotel management systems knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: 45863BR)
- Must be willing to work in Scottsdale/Phoenix area.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving critical targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership team
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, ensuring the whole team wins
- Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing