Trauma Services Program Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
Job ID 79550 Date posted 01/25/2018 Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Directly reports to the Director of Surgical Practice. In addition, works in close collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director (TMD) and Chief Trauma, Acute Care Surgery & Critical Care.
The Trauma Program Manager (TPM) is responsible for the organization of services and systems necessary for a multidisciplinary approach to providing care to the injured patient. Promotes optimal patient care through a variety of collaborative division activities, to include: clinical, consultant, performance improvement, professional, public education, and research.
The TPM’s responsibilities are based on the needs of the patients and their families, the health care system, the community and region at large. Works in unison with the performance improvement RN who collaborates with the trauma team to facilitate improved care of the trauma patient. Manages trauma program, administrative and practice staff.
In collaboration with Performance Improvement RN partner, evaluate problems and issues responsible for suboptimal care of the trauma patient in identified departments; (Pre-hospital setting, Emergency Department, Trauma Room, Trauma Team, ICU, Operating Room, Intermediate Care Unit, Nursing Floor, Rehabilitation, Trauma Orthopedics, Surgical Unit, Other subspecialties of the trauma system). Interact with patients, families, primary nurses, trauma residents, trauma attending, therapists, and social workers in coordination of trauma patients on inpatient and outpatient office. Provide outpatient trauma phone triage for trauma patients.
Participate in ICU and patient care rounds gather information for PI process and provide information to trauma registry. Take leadership role at multi-disciplinary rounds to ensure that patient care is appropriate. Act as trauma resource and liaison for personnel in the health system including agencies and institutions. Assess the initial management of trauma patients to assure compliance with clinical practice guideline.
Collaborate with the hospital Performance Improvement liaison (aforementioned position partner) to assure quality patient care and maintenance of trauma registry. Participate in the development of clinical guidelines and protocols for the treatment of the trauma patient.
Coordinate activities related to regulatory agencies related and the Trauma Service (i.e. JCAHO, ACS, DPH, OEMS). Collaborate with the TMD to assure maintenance of Trauma Center verification. Organize trauma services and systems necessary to meet criteria for ACS and JCAHO.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- RN and BSN strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience
- Must have 2- 3 years clinical management experience managing programs and or building programs
- Preferred candidate will have experience working with trauma, emergency or surgical patients and physicians
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of regulatory agencies related to Trauma Service ( i.e. JCAHO, ACS, DPH, OEMS)
- Possess a proven track record of achieving objectives through motivating and leading others
- Experience with implementing ongoing process improvement to ensure a patient-centric program
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with senior leadership and staff, and work in collaborative partnership with physicians and other health care providers