What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Provides compliance support and expertise to assigned function or group. Responsible for monitoring changes to relevant laws and regulations, identifying impacts across the enterprise and coordinating with Compliance and business leaders to determine any needed changes to policies, procedures or controls. Assist with execution and coordination of regulatory risk assessments for new activities, products, services, technology, marketing materials and third party vendor relationships to ensure compliance risks are approriately identified.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for leading the coordination of compliance assessment of new products, services and systems development.
2. Assists in the development of compliance policies that align with regulatory requirements.
3. Assists in planning compliance audits and monitors any corrective action taken.
4. Responsible for the coordination of compliance wide assessment of regulatory risks for third party vendor relationships and summarizing compliance risks for the Third Party Program Office (TPPO).
5. Develops and produces internal communications on compliance related initiatives and/or regulatory changes.
6. Reviews and approves forms and related operational procedures to ensure compliance.
7. Develops and maintains databases required by assigned regulations.
8. Acts as the subject matter expert on assigned laws and regulations, keeping abreast of all developments impacting assigned laws and regulations.
9. Participates in the Bank’s Compliance Committee(s) providing reports and information to top management as necessary.
10. Performs special projects regarding Bank compliance activities which may result in in-depth studies and analysis, including the preparation of Board level presentations.
11. Assists in preparation for regulatory examinations.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
· 5 years of experience in compliance, risk, internal audit, or direct regulatory experience in the financial services industry. Experience working with regulatory agencies such as FDIC and CFPB is preferred.
· Business Acumen and Compliance Knowledge of banking compliance management and related regulatory compliance
· Process Orientation/Organizational Skills - Is an effective process, workflow, and systems designer; is good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; can quickly diagnose and fix a workflow problem; always looking for incremental process improvement. Is well organized, resourceful, and forward thinking; effective and efficient at leading multiple resources to get things done; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
· Strong knowledge of general banking with an understanding of deposit, lending and alternative investment products
· Strong knowledge of assigned laws and regulations
· Strong interpersonal skills for coordination/liaison functions
· Strong writing skills for composition of reports
· Analytical and research
· Bank and product knowledge
· Compose letters/memorandums
· Planning and organizing
· Presentation skills