A growing 3PL is looking for a highly energetic and motivated Vice President of Solution Sales to join the Business Development team in Western North Carolina. This position will be responsible for day-to-day business development activities and leadership of the East region sales team.
The successful candidate will be a self-paced worker, have high attention to detail, demonstrate strong analytical skills, exhibit passion for everything he/she contributes to the team, works to exceed expectations daily, and drives closure for new logistic solutions for clients. The ideal candidate will be an experienced self-driven professional who can work independently, communicate clearly, and lead daily cross-functional sales collaboration. The ideal candidate will have logistic, transportation, supply chain, and information management experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and support the design, development and deployment of solution sales functions
- Collaborate across all internal functions to effect business development success
- Develop the annual sales plan, as well as the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve goals
- Ensure sales success through rapid, qualified, and high-quality sales pursuits
- Ensure all solution sales functions are coordinated to efficiently support company objectives.
- Meet and/or exceed annual sales revenue targets
- Continuously improve and execute sales/pursuit methodology and best practices for successful implementation and deployment of solutions for new enterprise clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers to encourage new and repeat business.
- Manage and develop the solution sales team.
- Identify opportunities for growth and promote brand awareness within market network communities
- Develop appropriate business metrics by which to measure employee and business performance. Ensure these metrics are met.
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or equivalent field; MBA preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, contemporary social applications, and Salesforce
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Presentation presence and skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Supervisory experience; ability to lead people to achieve results
- Ability to interface with clients and employees within all levels of the organization
- Ability to think and execute strategically and tactically
- Ability to shift gears quickly and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.