Are you ready for a new challenge in your career? Are you ready to take the next step? GPD Group may be the firm that you have been looking for!
GPD Group is seeking an experienced Civil/Transportation Engineer with a Roadway / Drainage background to add to our team in our Louisville, Kentucky office. This position will be a dual role position, requiring project / client management as well as plan production responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Must Possess a professional engineering registration (PE) in Kentucky
- Possess a professional engineering registration (PE) in Ohio or ability to obtain within 6 months a plus.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in roadway/transportation design.
- Must have strong Kentucky Department of Transportation & Local relationships.
- Experienced with AutoCAD and Microstation (Openroads)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to develop strong client and subconsultant relationships.
- Must Have experience in the preparation of Kentucky Department of Transportation Plan Packages, particularly Roadway, Drainage and Maintenance of Traffic Components.
- Experience with Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) work a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to work on a variety of project sizes and types.
- Ability to regularly communicate with Project Managers and staff in other offices for workload sharing and technical reviews and training.
- Complete technical tasks including design and quality review.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate options for resolution including risks associated with each, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Assist with maintenance of proper quality assurance and quality control within the team and in accordance with GPD’s QA/QC Program, industry, and client standards and expectations.
This position requires that the successful candidate be able to work independently with limited supervision as well as within a multidisciplinary team on larger projects.
GPD offers a compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching and company contribution
- Vacation & Sick Time
- And much more…