STV, Inc. is currently seeking a Transportation Project Manager for the New York, New York office. The PM will be responsible for working on varied projects in the NY Metro Region. Work includes design of project for NY Metro Region clients (NYCT, LIRR, MNR, PANY&NJ).
Typical projects include:
- Design of NY Metro Region infrastructure type projects including stations, industrial buildings (maintenance/repair, storage, etc.), building modifications, below and above ground
- Daily tasks include the preparation and development of design documents.
- Planning and development of drawings, calculations and specifications for rehabilitation and new construction of transportation type facilities
- Review of construction documents (shop drawings, request for information (RFI) and structural calculations during construction)
- Lead junior architects and engineers in the development project documents (drawings and calculations) for small project tasks.
- Responsibility of Quality assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) for small projects
- Coordination between various disciplines with internal meetings
- This position may perform regional site inspections of projects under construction or building inspections
- This position offers the ability to work on challenging small to large scale transportation related projects within the NY Metro region, exposure to a multicultural and highly technical staff, as well as the ability to grow within a large organization.
- BS in Civil Engineering with a focus on structural engineering or BArch in Architecture
- MS in Civil Engineering or Architecture with an focus on structural engineering;
- NY PE or RA license is a preferred
- 8 to 15 years of experience in transportation related projects.
- Understanding of NYC and NYS Building Codes;
- Knowledge of construction drawing standards;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD, and Microstation is a plus;
- REVIT (or the ability to quickly learn);
- MS Project and MS Office Suite including PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Attention to detail and highly organized;
- Self-starter, able to work independently and able to multi-task;
- Self-motivator to work independently or as part of a team
- Leadership skills and the ability to offer clear design guidance to younger engineers
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities