Transportation Project Manager - ( 2100031U )Description
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.Your Opportunity
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Deerfield Beach office for a highly motivated Transportation Project Manager!
This role will provide supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules.Your Key Responsibilities
QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships that allow us to have a positive impact on the communities we serve and grow our people through work on exciting and challenging projects
- Develop value-added solutions to clients' needs and lead the successful pursuit of contracts for engineering and consulting services
- Increase the company's profile within the transportation industry through participation with appropriate business and professional organizations
- Perform strategic planning and plan execution for both operations and business development
- Planning, organizing, and supervising the work of other transportation professionals
- Effectively negotiate, plan, monitor and deliver quality projects and consulting services
- Reviewing engineered designs and plans for conformance with applicable state, regional & local agency standards
Education and Experience
- Experience in designing roadway design projects. Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design experience a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in relevant design software, Microstation and OpenRoads/Geopak.
- Experience in Temporary Traffic Control (MOT) analysis and plan development.
- Experience in roadway pavement design analysis and development.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in the State of Florida (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive engineering and project management experience
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Primary Location
: United States-Florida-Deerfield BeachJob
: Civil EngineerOrganization
: BC-2158 Transportation-US FloridaEmployee Status
: RegularJob Level
: Individual ContributorTravel
: Full-timeJob Posting
: Dec 6, 2021, 7:55:46 AMReq ID:
Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans