Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 169 days ago
HDR Engineering has an outstanding leadership opportunity for a Transportation Project Manager and Roadway Business Class Lead to become a part of HDR’s expanding Alaska presence. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the entire design process from the proposal through preparation of the Plans, Specifications and Estimate of a moderate to large highway/ roadway project or projects. This will include the following duties: Coordinate all disciplines (roadway, structural, traffic, landscaping and environmental) involved in the project, coordinate with all sub-consultants, coordinate with the client, keeps project on schedule, keeps project within budget, performs or assures that quality control is accomplished for each project, and performs more complicated design work on larger projects.
As Roadway Business Class Lead, this position will be responsible for the operations of the roadway section including staff growth, staff development, quality control, marketing support and coordination with other disciplines. The successful candidate will be client focused and have the ability to proactively market and manage transportation engineering design projects and to help grow our area Transportation group. Other responsibilities include the following: assisting with business development for the transportation market, maintaining close relationships with potential clients, tracking upcoming project opportunities, and collaborating on project pursuits. Implement, monitor and support company policy. Select, train, develop and manage technical personnel. Work cooperatively with National Directors and marketing in local and national marketing and production efforts.
Keyword(s): Roadway, Highway, Project Manager, DOT, Transportation, Civil, Design
• BS in engineering required.
• PE in Alaska; or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
• 8-10+ years of experience in all aspects of roadway engineering design; Project Management experience preferred.
• Skilled in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Familiarity with AKDOT & PF personnel and standards is a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and willing to lead in a team environment.
• Willingness to participate and take leadership roles in professional/ industry groups required.
• Ability to take part in business development and marketing activities is required.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.