The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Transportation Project Manager in our Detroit, MI, Grand Rapids, MI or E. Lansing, MI office.
For more than 25 years, the HNTB Michigan offices have planned, designed, and delivered some of the largest and most complex infrastructure projects in Michigan. This role offers an opportunity to contribute to some of the most transformational transportation projects throughout Michigan.
Responsible for the leadership and management of a team in support of the project's profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the projects technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB's 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client's satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of <$5M.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specification and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction.
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Analysis, design and detailing of highway and roadway and other transportation related projects.
- Providing complete design efforts with minimal direction.
- Responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs that are responsive to project needs.
- Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Coordinates design development and/or assist in providing technical direction to the scope of projects; provides senior-level technical expertise on highway/roadway projects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of contracts for construction.
- Develops project design criteria, design calculations, construction details, quantities and cost estimates.
- Investigative hand and computer based analyses in support of assigned design tasks.
- Prepares and checks design drawings and/or specifications.
- Reviews and checks engineering work completed by others.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Coordinates with clients to define work programs and budgets, provide leadership in project planning and strategy including general oversight and planning, project management, project implementation, and ensuring quality of work products.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
8 years relevant experience
- MDOT experience
- Highway design experience
- MicroStation & Geopak experience