Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Ft. Myers, FL office as a Transportation Project Manager.
Major Function/Role: The Transportation Project Manager will support and lead Roadway and Highway projects for The City of Ft. Myers and FDOT.
- Under direction, provides professional and project management expertise for Highway and Roadway projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements
- Functions as the General Engineering Consultant (GEC) for the Transportation department
- Performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and Subcontractors, and drafts very complex professional service agreements, arranging for their review and execution by senior management
- Directs project team compliance with contract terms, monitors subcontractors’ progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments
- Participates in contract dispute resolution and litigation concerning project performance, administration and otherliability issues
- Reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment disputes
- Develops, communicates and manages project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements
- Monitors schedules, billing and reports
- Ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs, and expenses to projects
- Assists in obtaining payment form clients; resolves client disputes and adjust billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems
- Identifies new business opportunities to the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to the clients and other external groups, and promotes firm’s capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in the preparation of firms’ qualification/experience statements
- Coordinates communication between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies. Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements, and serves as expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary
- Supervises other project managers, technical professionals and otherdesign staff including managing weekly project workload and manpowerforecasting
- Conducts project management training workshops and serves as mentor to associate project managers
- Monitors and reports financial status of projects to technical managers
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degreepreferred.
- Management coursework and/or MBA a plus This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager
- Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability
- Strong project financial management and team management skills
- Knowledge of production support systems (MicroStation, GeoPak, Auto CAD)
- Professional Registration in fields(s) of practice required, if available.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.