Transportation is the movement of people and goods between locations. Safe, efficient and effective transportation systems enable mobility and trade, both of which are essential to social and economic development, improvement and advancement.
CHA aims to enhance our nation's infrastructure, ensuring goods are shipped, safety and services provided, and the economy vitalized. Our transportation specialists plan, design, and help maintain and construct our nation's most valued infrastructure assets by providing solutions for public and private transportation owners, agencies and authorities in more than 16 states.
CHA Consulting, Inc., is currently seeking a Transportation Project Manager inour Norwell, MA or Boston, MA office locations to manage transportation projects, manage relationships with existing clients and work with market leadership to develop new clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate must be technically astute in transportation engineering and have a proven background of management leadership on transportation projects.
- Management and oversight of his/her assigned projects.
- Receives general direction on key objectives.
- Participate and conduct business development activities, including meeting with clients.
- Preparing and coordinate proposal efforts to secure work.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specification and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction.
- Develop and enhances key client relationships and serves as one of the primary company contacts.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required; Master's degree preferred.
- PE is required. Massachusetts PE preferred, or the ability to acquire MA PE.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of progressive transportation/Project Manager experience.
- Experience on highway/transportation projects is required.
- Established relationships within the industry required.
- Possesses strong business development skills.
- Demonstrates strong project management qualities and excellent knowledge of project management processes.
- Experience with putting together winning proposals and delivering presentations for new work.
- An articulate and persuasive communicator, both one-on-one and in front of large groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationships skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required.
- MicroStation and Geopak experience preferred.