Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be held in Responsible Charge of the portion of the project within the transportation area of expertise. The Project Engineer should expect to attach a professional seal to designs authored under their direction.
- Reports to the Project Manager all important decisions made on the project in a timely fashion and recommends changes outside of his authority that would benefit the project.
- Work with the Project Manager to make estimates for proposals and assist in the preparation of proposals.
- On projects involving existing infrastructure, perform site evaluations and document review as is needed to proceed. Alert the Project Manager if there are major modifications required that may affect the schedule and cost in a timely manner.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop design concepts, task lists, schedule, and probable construction costs. Determi