DEA’s Puget Sound Transportation Group is looking for a Transportation Market Leader to lead our growth in the Puget Sound Region. The Transportation Market Leader is the primary champion of market growth, monitors regional net fees, and is responsible for business development spending in the market. This position also has a role as a Client Team Leader and supervises and supports the other Client Team Leaders in their market.
- Responsible for developing market strategy with the Client Team Leaders in their market.
- Determines the strategic allocation of resources, is responsible for visibility/brand within the market and new market and client growth, and assesses market technology trends.
- Performs regional sales forecasting and works with Client Team Leaders to coordinate long-term net fee forecasts.
- Serve as the principal-in-charge/project manager.
- Support Client Team Leaders, including meeting with clients when a more senior presence is needed.
- Support and coach Client Team Leaders and build client teams, and is responsible for the performance management of the client team leaders.
- Engage in recruiting and retention efforts to ensure DEA hires the best possible talent and supports processes that encourage staff longevity.
- Responsible for regional sales results and managing business development costs in their market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Urban and Regional Planning
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Washington or AICP certified
- 10+ years in transportation with a focus on roadway, highway, transit, or bridge projects
- Proven track record of transportation project wins in the Puget Sound region
- Project experience with WSDOT, Sound Transit, and/or other local agencies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.