We are currently seeking a Transportation Routing Planner to be responsible for utilizing dynamic routing tools to develop route plans and improve productivity in assigned transportation locations.
Routing plans should align to True North (Customer 1st, Growth and Productivity, Employee Development, and Safety).
The Transportation Routing Planner works in conjunction with Operations and Customer Service, as well as the Safety and Compliance Teams, within a Continuous Improvement culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains CUSTOMER 1ST CULTURE throughout entire Transportation Department.
• Ensures service team provides highest standard of customer service and positively impacting customer service through efficient routing.
• Works proactively with transportation Team Members, as well as all other functional operations (Plant, Sharps Management, Specialty Waste, etc.) to meet all customers’ expectations.
• Maintains optimum utilization of resources including, but not limited to, methods, procedures, structure, equipment, and personnel.
• Monitors route and work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends changes to continually improve productivity and routing efficiency. Works closely with Transportation Team on implementation of recommended changes.
• Analyze transportation reports to ensure improved productivity and reduced expense. Oversee routes and reroutes based on data analysis.
• Continuously improve productivity by establishing goals for stops, containers, and miles per route day and route hours. Communicate driver performance compared to goal on a regular basis. Team Member Development:
• Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives;
• Monitors operations and work of all route Team Members.
• Keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional, organized, and participative meetings.
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations and Company policies and procedures, communicates issues and updates to Transportation Team.
• Oversees and participates in the maintenance of DOT requirements. Ensures accuracy, legibility and completeness of all files and reports.
• Monitors and ensures that Team Members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations to preventaccidents or Hours of Service issues.
Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent in related work experience. BS in a Transportation or Logistics related field preferred Five or more years of progressive waste or equivalent industry experience in a routing capacity.
Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility.
Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications. Must have routing capability and/or direct pastexperience. Pastexperienceutilizing Roadnet Logistics Suite or equivalent routing software pre-ferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.