As our Sourcing & Vendor Transportation Manager, you'll be responsible for the design, acquisition and operation of the company's domestic transportationnetwork, with a primary focus on the effective and efficient distribution of goods to customers. You'll lead and support functional areas of customer delivery, transportation planning and logistics sourcing.
You'll ensure alignment between vendors/carriers, 3PLs, distribution centers and customers in fulfilling NIKE's premium service promise. You'll develop logistics network solutions that meet the current and future needs of NIKE, its subsidiaries and customers. You'll review and improve supply chain tools (3PL's, infrastructure), processes and procedures.
You'll use lean methodologies to discover and drive significant change from 'as is'. You'll seek out, introduce and apply industry 'best practices' with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. You'll plan, develop, and implement programs to coordinate movement of product from manufacturing sites to distributionfacilities including cross-border shipping issues.
You'll identify, target and acquire the services of carriers and Logistics Service Providers (LSP's) that support the mission of delivering premium service. You'll lead and engage key stakeholders in the network acquisition process, including the establishment of policies/standards/procedures and rates in LSP contracts.
You'll be responsible for payment processes and cost tracking that provide visibility to the overall efficiency of the organization and reduce costs. You'll create business plans and financialbudgets. You'll meet or exceed the committed service levels to all key stakeholders, both internal (DC's, subsidiaries) and external (customers). In addition, you'll create, monitor and report on the critical KPI's that measure the performance of the LSP network against agreed upon service standards.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or a related field and at least 5 years' experience in progressively responsible, relevant Business Management positions, including a minimum of 2 years' in a leadership role directly managing analysts, planners and professional-level or hourly staff
- 3-5 years’ Experience with Freight Audit & Payment and Freight Cost Management experience
- Strong data and financial analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Previous ownership of RFQ processes and experience directly negotiating with transportation/logistics vendors, specifically with: domestic truck carriers (LTL, FTL) and small package
- Rigorous cost savings approaches and analytics, with expertise in total delivered cost
- Familiarity with transportation/logistics supportprocesses, specifically: claims, vendor compliance programs, KPI's, service standards
- Exposure to automated data exchange connectivity between vendors and WMS, TMS and/or ERP systems (SAP experience a plus)
- Experience in the use of distribution strategies such as: cross-docking, retail pool, zone skipping, freight terms conversion etc.
- Solid systems aptitude - knowledge of Tableau and Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel (Pivot tables / VLOOKUPS) and Access (Must be advanced user of both)
- Exceptional Project Management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- Manager of Transportation/Logistics from a US retailer or major 3PL or carrier
- Experience with both domestic and international supply chain processes
- Experience with all key modes of transportation: ocean, air, small package, full-truckload, LTL, intermodal
- 5 years of progressively responsible positions in Supply Chain operations
- Bachelor's Degree (concentration: Business, Operations Management, Logistics preferred); MBA a plus