The Transportation Manager is accountable for all aspects of transportation for the distribution center and its service area including: store support on-time service, DC transportationbudget, carrier operational performance, and all DC related transportation matters. The Transportation Manager acts as the primary contact between a distribution center and the transportation providers that service the facility.
• Constructs and manages yearly transportationbudget for distribution center.
• Oversees shipping schedule creation and maintenance.
• Manages routing process to ensure operational and financial efficiencies are identified, implemented and maintained.
• Ensures all carrier routings are in accordance with federal and local laws.
• Ensures customer service requirements are adhered to by transportation providers.
• Conducts performance reviews with carriers to address issues and recommend changes to Corporate Transportation when appropriate.
• Effectively communicates with distribution center, corporate and field management on all transportation related issues.
• Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates.
• Minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably in a retail environment.
• Ability to work flexible schedules or shifts.
• Knowledge of computer systems, such as OTM or Descartes and MS Office.
• Previous routing and load planning experience preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of DOT rules and regulations, including hazardous materials
• Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data and recommend solutions.
• Strong leadership, management, communication, organization and administrative skills.
Req/Job ID: 916494BR