Posting Number: 201848TL
Job Title: Transportation Manager
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Overall Required Functions for Transportation Manager Position: Responsible for strategy, development, and collaboration with the integrated supply chain team. Required functions include Transportation (with strong focus on Global Ocean Freight), Customs Clearance, Warehousing, Logistics Procurement, and Trade & Compliance Management activities.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Develop and plan the strategy for Transportation (strong focus on Ocean Freight), Warehousing, Logistics Procurement and Trade & Compliance to be in line with the business strategies of our client.
- Manage the organizational structure and staff development to deliver value to business units as well as internal and external customers.
- Manage the negotiations and vender/ service provider relationships for all inbound and outbound freight, warehousing, lease agreements for transportation modes to include Truckload, LTL, Rail, Small Parcel, and Ocean freight.
- Oversee the Trade & Compliance programs for Import / Export compliance, C-TPAT program, Harmonized Tariff classifications for products, and issuing of free trade certificates i.e. NAFTA’s
- Oversee the uses of dedicated warehousing space to be in compliance with Hazmat standards to meet the business unit’s needs.
- Assess, evaluate, recommend, implement new processes, initiatives, technologies to deliver effectiveness and reduce cost
- Collaborate with the business units to develop freight and warehousing budgets.
- Monitor the quality, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of our client’s products.
- Collaborate with other departments/facilities as necessary to identify challenges, develop and implement solutions.
- Complying with processes, procedures, and instructions for all activities in which this role participates.
- Safety Responsibility Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Transportation/Logistics field
- Logistics, Supply Chain or Transportation Business Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to turn strategic thinking into operational actions