The Transportation Manager establishes and maintains the smooth operation of the Transportation department at a distribution center.
- Assist with providing 24-hour coverage.
- Maintain a properly staffed and trained department that offers the highest levels of logistics support to the warehouse.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all delivery and backhaul activities.
- Drive key performance indicators for cost savings.
- Efficiently utilize manpower via proper scheduling and training to provide the highest levels of customer service at the store level.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with all facets of outbound transportation; knowledge of distribution systems, including routing and backhaul/transfer procedures.
- 4+ years of accounting, planning, analytical, and/or reporting experience; ability to identify financial issues and provide cost-effective solutions.
- Experience managing large numbers of driving staff; experience with hiring, training, and motivating teammates and resolving employee relations issues.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Access).
PREFERRED qualifications for this position include Outbound transportation experience at a distribution center; experience using Trimble/PeopleNet or similar transportation management systems (TMS); prior positions that offered increasing responsibility levels and Six Sigma certification.