- Manage all activities of drivers and warehouse employees.
- Ensure shipping levels are sufficient and inventory discrepancies are at a minimum.
- On an ongoing basis, work with division leaders to review operating procedures.
- Monitor and ensure maintenance and cleanliness of equipment.
- Responsible for training, coaching and discipline of staff.
- Review invoices, orders, vacation schedules and demand forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and corporate safety guidelines.
- Plan outgoing loads in a manner that is cost-effective and meets customer expectations for deliveries.
- Investigate and resolve external and internal customer issues and complaints in a timely manner.
- Recommend improvements for safety, cleanliness and capacity issues
- Understanding of financialobligations, P&L, DOT mandates, Hours of Service
- Provide leadership to all employees through coaching and mentoring
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven supervisory and team leadership experience, coupled with three (3) years of Transportation and distribution logistics.
- Experience in food and grocery distribution a major asset.
- General knowledge of AIB practices a major asset.
- Class One or Class 3 License an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working experience with AS400/DCMS system an asset.