We are partnered with a 3PL Distribution/Logistics company that has demonstrated success over the past 30 years. On track to double for the second time in 8 years, our client is seeking a Driver Manager to build relationships with their dispatched, match backhauls to routes and eliminate miles, and progressively adhere to additional freight.
Reporting into the Director of Transportation, the Driver Manager will:
- Oversee 25-25 Non-Union Drivers
- Work a Mon-Fri, 8-5:30 Schedule
- Rotate Weekends On-Call
- Extensive knowledge of Fleet Dispatch and Driver Management
- A solid knowledge of all safety and regulatory requirements of operating a commercial trucking Fleet
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with Customers
- The ability to motivate and drive a team of Professional Drivers to meet and exceed department and company goals
- Safety and Compliance
- When Dispatching, dispatch all drivers in such a manner that DOT hours of service are adhered to 100% of the time
- While training, educate and stress Allen Distribution’s commitment towards both company and DOT Safety regulations and policies
- Ensure the lockout/tag-out policy is followed with Trucks and Trailers
- Communicate effectively with customers as required
- Resolve issues promptly or respond with timelines as to when the issue will be resolved
- Ability to inquire and manage additional opportunities
- Dispatch Operations
- Work and understand TMS effectively
- Understand regional geography with ability to consolidate loads with available driver hours to maximize driver and truck efficiency
- Able manage multiple tasks with high level of detail for extreme 100% accuracy.
- Financial Performance
- Continuously evaluate ways to improve the accuracy and efficiencies of the department by identifying at least 2 significant improvements annually.
- Driver Management outside of Dispatch Responsibilities
- Observe and focus on Drivers use of “on duty” time throughout the day
- Properly documents all performance issues and create a PIP when deemed appropriate
- Ensure all department employees follow the dress code policy
- Maintenance Coordination
- Work directly with GET and other vendors to insure prompt service and repairs of all company equipment
- Recruiting and Training
- Work directly with Transportation Manager to maintain a list of a minimum of (2) potential drivers per facility
- Project Plans and New Business
- When assigned, ability to develop a plan from idea through completion on projects like: New customer start-ups, MPG tracking and improvement, etc.