Be involved in projects with our Mobility Operations Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Transportation Management Center Operations Manager in Rochester, New York.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all operational aspects of a Transportation Management Center (TMC) with internal and external ITS partners including maintenance, construction, traffic, public affairs; emergency service providers; transit; and other local agencies as necessary.
- Oversees day-to-day operations on a 24/7 basis.
- Oversee the consultant staff located at TMC and have office space at the TMC.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- High School Deploma or GED and 5+ years of full-time employment meeting the qualifying and relevant experience.
- Proficient in oral and written communication,
- Proficient in Computer/Software including: MS Office applications, spreadsheets and databases,
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, and public, internal and external relations,
- Ability to mentor and train new staff; and
- Ability to respond to problem situations 24 hours a day.
- Candidates must meet all the following conditions: Management/supervision position in transportation operations or military with experience in scheduling, administration, performance evaluations, hiring, employee relations, problem solving and leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area with at least one year of qualifying work experience
- Data analytics including: economic evaluation, systems evaluation and predictability/performance modeling,
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others in a team environment,
- Ability to cope with stress and personnel problems,
- Organization skills.