The ideal individual in this role will be an industry leader in transportation engineering with established client relationships among local and state agencies. S/He will be responsible for Otak’s strategic growth in keeping with our mission and vision. This person will foster and maintain client relationships while increasing technical capabilities in their practice group. The ideal candidate will be tasked to keep current with trends in the market, to be engaged with professional organizations, and assist in attracting the highest quality candidates for future hires. S/He will be involved in transportation technical integration for acquisitions. The utmost importance will be placed on selling work, developing relationships and delivering a consistent, quality product adhering to the highest level of standard throughout the company.
This is a corporate level position that will be based out of Portland, Oregon. The position requires building Otak’s presence in ODOT and local agency transportationdesign in Oregon. The successful candidate will have a diverse background with extensive design and management experience, and capable to lead business development. S/He will have established client relationships with transportation public agencies including ODOT and local agencies within the Oregon market. Working experience in Otak’s other geographies with WSDOT, CDOT, etc. is desired, but not required. Experience managing transportation projects from conception through construction across a variety of delivery methods is preferred.
What you bring:
- B.S.Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licensed Oregon Professional Engineer required
- Licensed Washington and Colorado Professional Engineer preferred
- 20 plus years of experience in business development, design, management and construction of civil, highway, and bridge engineering transportation projects
- Extensive business development and project managementexperience
- Proven relationships with ODOT, the City of Portland, RTD, local agencies and other clients
- Strong communications skills
What you'll do:
- Reports to CEO and collaborates with Regional Manager to meet business plan objectives
- Manages overall Transportation & Infrastructure practice area by effectively using financialreports, sales reports, assessing results, and developing specific actions directly related to business development, growth and profitability consistently across all business geographies companywide
- Responsible for transportation business development in Oregon/Southwest Washington; will assist with business development in other geographies
- Manage a team of local engineers in the design of major transportation projects
- Assist regional managers to integrate acquisitions into Otak operations
- Manage a company-wide Transportation & Infrastructure QA/QC plan
- Travel up to 20%.
Job Code: 803