START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s Watertown, MA office is seeking a Transportation/Highway Engineer to join our Highway Design team.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
Duties include traffic engineering, stormwater management, drainage, cost estimating and hydraulics. Our team uses its skills and experience to improve our communities with a sustainable, context driven and integrated project delivery mindset. Our clients include municipalities, MassDOT and other state agencies, and private partners who support the development of the places we live, work, recreate and learn.
- New Boston Street, Woburn MBTA, including new Footway design
- Reconstruct /expand Main Street/Route 117, Waltham, over I-95 including interchange modifications
- Bikeways, including conversion of Mass Central Railroad bed into 7.5-mile path
- Lowell Lord Overpass conversion to an at-grade intersection with separate bus lanes
- Design of highways and roads including development of geometric layout, grading and drainage, working with utilities, and environmental permitting
- Development of calculation workbooks
- Highway horizontal and vertical alignments
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Use Civil 3D to design linear projects
- Assist in developing entry-level staff
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience
- EIT required, PE preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.