Join GAI and make your mark among a team of engineering, planning, and environmental consultants that provides innovative solutions to energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial clients worldwide. 60 years strong and 100-percent employee owned, GAI is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for unlimited growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing highway engineering horizontal and vertical geometry designs through CAD software (MicroStation and Inroads experience a plus) using the AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, and applicable state/county/local government guidance documents.
- Developing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and preparing storm sewer and storm water management design.
- Reviewing deliverables for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, client contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Maintaining schedules and preparing budgets for assigned engineering tasks.
- Identifying project staffing requirements and coordinating staffing with supervisor.
- Evaluating design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Preparing interim project reports.
- Must maintain controls on budget, scope, schedule and quality on deliverables.
- Work closely with other department Project Managers.
- Develop proposals and costs for assigned tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited Engineering School
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Indiana or the ability to acquire it in 6 months.
- 10+ years of experience in highway engineering (horizontal and vertical geometry) and drainage engineering (hydrology/hydraulics)
- Familiarity with INDOT standards a plus.