Wilson & Company is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer with a background in Transportation/Roadway design to join our Kansas City, MO office. This position will perform high level roadway design and 3D modeling, maintenance of traffic (MOT) design, and project management. Additionally, you will work closely with clients, other project managers and support staff to ensure the successful completion of projects. The ability to effectively coordinate staff efforts to ensure timely and cost effective solutions to project requirements is a must.
Job Duties Include:
- Transportation engineering and modeling of freeways and highways, including interchanges, along with municipal arterial and collector roadways.
- Client interaction and coordination on a frequent basis.
- Coordination of plans and schedules for detailed phases of the engineering work and perform the design of major projects. Monitor time schedules and job costs and adjust to comply with each.
- Perform the design calculations of projects and check design work of staff and design engineers assigned to project under his/her control.
- Supervise assistants, designers, technicians, and CADD operators/drafters assigned to project team. In addition this position will be responsible for full time supervision of a design team.
- Prepare preliminary engineering reports, including feasibility reports, and presentation to clients, or various stakeholders.
- Develop strategies and technical data for proposals.
- Proficiency with Bentley Microstation/GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads Designer and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D software is a must.
- Proven ability to manage multiple team members and coordinate effectively with other engineers and technicians.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to peers, senior staff and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related curriculum.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Missouri and/or Kansas or ability to obtain within 4 months.
- Minimum of six years’ experience in the design of streets and highways.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with federal, state and local regulations that pertain to the design of street and/or highway projects.
- Specific experience with winning and executing projects for state DOTs and/or local municipalities related to highways, streets, or sidewalks/trails is preferred.