We are currently seeking a Transportation Engineer to join the Transportation- Infrastructure Practice in our Austin, TX office.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing and leading planning, project development, design and/or plan development tasks for small and large scale transportation related projects. Interacting with staff and clients with a variety of backgrounds and specialization will be a significant aspect to this position. Good communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
- Bachelor's of Civil Engineering degree from an accredited university with an interest/emphasis in transportation/highway engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas or ability to obtain license in six months
- Minimum of six (6) years of transportation engineering experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in highway design and plan production with the ability to perform planning, conceptual design, preliminary engineering, and final design activities
- Must have DOT design experience
- Hands-on experience with highway design software: GEOPAK
- Proficiency with CADD environment for producing contract drawings: Microstation Version V8i including GEOPAK
- Significant experience working on highway design, schematic design, and/or GEC projects in Texas
- Recent experience with and knowledge of TxDOT policies and procedures
- Experience working in a GEC and/or program management environment